Having clutter around your residence can be very stressful. At the end of a long day, you want to be able to come home and relax, not continuously deal with things that are out of place. Since 1989, Don Seipel, owner of Get Organized in Rochester, NY, has helped over 6,000 homeowners implement storage ideas for everything from their closets to their garages and even their pantries.
Here, Get Organized offers five different storage ideas to help you find the perfect solution for you and your home:
- Attic Storage: One of the easiest and possibly most obvious storage solutions is to utilize your attic space. Making this space a touch more user-friendly by adding a hatch and stairs will ensure that you actually use it more.
- Vacuum Bags: Vacuum bags, or space bags, are a fantastic and simple way to store seasonal clothes and extra blankets, throws, and linens. By removing the air from these bags, bulky items can now be stored in much smaller spaces.
- Over-The-Door Storage: Instead of having shoes, bags, and towels all over the place and taking up space, consider hanging some hooks or fabric cubbies for storage on the back of your closet door.
- Suitcases & Containers: When you’re not traveling, suitcases and other large containers can be used for home storage. Store pillows, linens, and other light objects in your empty suitcases.
- Under-The-Bed Storage: Regardless of the height of your bed, chances are there is a container that will be able to fit under it. This space is great for storing seasonal clothes or even accessories.