If spring cleaning has morphed into summer reorganizing, there are a variety of ways you can utilize shelving units to maximize your space. Whether you need them for aesthetic or practical purposes, storage shelves offer a bevy of fantastic uses ideal for warm weather. Review the following storage ideas to get more from your units.
Find new and creative ways to store your items:
- Summer Equipment Storage: Keep your swim masks, snorkels, flippers, and other summer gear must-haves within reach. Use the shelving units to create a quirky display that shows off your adventurous spirit.
- Vacation Memories: Place your favorite vacation photos on your shelving units along with related knickknacks and keepsakes. A display centered on images from a summertime trip creates an eye-catching focal point. Ticket stubs, wine bottles, postcards, and other trinkets are just some of what you can include.
- Winter Gear & Clothing Storage: Use shelving units in bedroom and hall closets to store winter gear and clothing, such as sweaters, ski equipment, hats, gloves, snow boots, scarves, and similar items.
- Rotating Displays: Experiment with rotating displays by assigning everyone in your household a block of time for when their creation will be on exhibit. It’s an engaging way for family members to show off what they love most about the summer and otherwise encourages imagination.
- Sun Protection Storage: Place items vital to sun protection on shelving units near doorways, such as sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses. Ensure such items are conveniently within reach so everyone in your house can grab what they need.