5 Closet Storage Hacks to Maximize Space
An orderly closet storage will make it easier to keep track of your belongings, reduce clutter, and get the most out of your home’s storage areas. If you’re dealing with a small closet, rest assure there are many closet storage tips to streamline the space.
Draw inspiration from these five approaches for maximizing your closet:
- Toss Unused Clothing: If you’re like most people, you may have some rarely worn clothing items taking up space. One of the easiest ways to improve your closet storage is to get rid of these unnecessary garments. To start, sort through your wardrobe and donate anything that no longer fits or is out of style.
- Install Shelving Units or Accessories: Introducing storage shelves is an effortless way to boost organization and create more usable closet space. Or, instead of simply piling shoes, bags, or linens along the floor, place these items in a hanging shelf organizer. Purchasing inexpensive dividers for your closet’s upper shelf creates functional and attractive cubby holes. For the best results, consult a professional organizer to design and install custom shelves tailored to your needs.
- Make Use of Doors: Doors are frequently overlooked closet components that can be optimized for additional storage. For instance, installing a hanging rack on the backside of your closet doors is a fantastic way to ensure footwear is neatly organized and accessible. Or, add hooks to the frame to store handbags, hats, scarves, and belts. Taking advantage of every usable surface area enhances the functionality of a small space.
- Add Light: If you find yourself constantly having to rummage through your closet to find anything, lighting fixtures will make locating your belongings a breeze. What’s more, illuminating tight storage areas is a quick, effective way to make them appear larger.
- Paint It a Lighter Color: A fresh coat of paint can do wonders in opening up a space. Choosing a light, neutral hue makes storage areas feel light, airy, and ample.